Status of the APNA July 2018
From President, Brian McGiverin:
I thought y’all would benefit from a brief update. In short, APNA is in a period of dormancy.
I was elected president of APNA for the Nov. 2016 – Oct. 2017 term. At the end, I decided not to run again because I was too busy with other obligations, but I was not successful at soliciting interest for a new slate of board candidates. We reached out via email, Facebook, and NextDoor, without much luck.
If you’re interested in being a new leader for the group, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. The members of our last board and other former boards are still around — I’m sure we’d all be happy to orient you to how it works.
Also, we recently realized folks who had paid their dues through PayPal may have been getting auto-billed for another year of dues ($10). We are going to refund that money.
How can you get involved in the NA?
We’re looking for committee members and leaders. If you have an idea about how to improve our community, and want to work with your neighbors to make some magic happen, please shoot us an email at email@example.com.
What kind of work might the NA do?
- Keep the community apprised of City and development changes affecting our quality of life, allowing us to have an active part in our neighborhood’s future.
- Work with City staff to effectively address our pressing neighborhood needs (such as traffic and safety issues).
- Fund raise for projects that will benefit our community.
- Organize the community in neighborhood improvement projects and even maybe have some fun!
NOTE: There are neighbors already doing some of these things!!!
How can neighbors learn more?
- Visit this website for updates.
- Get on our email list by emailing ArmadilloParkNA@gmail.com.
- We will also post periodic updates on Nextdoor.